We are currently investigating claims for shingles vaccine complications from Merck’s shingles vaccine.
The vaccine was designed to contain a weakened form of the shingles virus. Some studies have suggested this weakened and dormant form was actually far too aggressive and strong.
What is wrong with Merck’s Shingles Vaccine?
The company claims an overall efficacy rate of around 50%, but studies have found significant reduction of efficacy rates with advanced age groups. In addition, the shot is causing severe adverse reactions. First and foremost, the shot is causing the very rash it was designed to prevent – shingles! Due to the virus’ attack on the body’s nervous system, the shot is also causing the following:
- Postherpetic Neuralgia (the burning that continues long after the shingles rash clears)
- Nerve pain
- Vision loss
- Retinitis (nerve damage to the eye’s retina)
- Neurologic infections
- meningitis (nerve damage or inflammation to the brain and spinal cord)
- Encephalitis (nerve damage or inflammation of the brain
- Disseminated Varicella (when the shingles virus spreads to other organs)
- Secondary bacterial infections from the shingles rash